The Emerging Solutions in Pain (ESP) Reference Center is a growing body of knowledge – a place to share and access our online community collective educational information on pain management and addiction medicine.
There's a lot to know when it comes to chronic pain management, so we have provided a diverse selection of different multimedia options for you to choose from:
- IntelliTopics™ Commentaries – A monthly video observation featuring a rotating group of leading clinical expert thought leaders sharing their knowledge, and sometimes controversial opinions, on an array of interesting topics.
- In the Know – Bi-monthly abstracts and reviews of the latest journal articles related to the management of chronic pain and addiction.
- Knowledge Library – ESP's video library that collects the most commonly asked pain management and/or addiction medicine questions, and presents them in easy-to-view, brief video vignettes. You can view 30-second to 2-minute videos in pharmacotherapy; assessment; abuse, misuse & addiction; best practices; and legal issues.
- Complementary Therapies – A valuable, educational video that defines complementary therapies integrative medicine, discusses the current state of science in integrative medicine research and addresses how to incorporate complementary therapies in pain management.
- Ask the Experts – Clinicians with challenging questions in the fields of pain management or addiction medicine now have the opportunity to have those questions answered by clinical experts through the ESP Ask the Experts column! ESP members submit questions for review by the ESP faculty, and each month, answers to selected questions will be posted as audio or text files.
- Case Library – A valuable resource reviewing assessment, diagnosis, management, monitoring, and special considerations including tools and tips for managing chronic pain patients. Listen or read the interviews by Dr. Jeffrey Gudin on Disease and Therapy Related Considerations.
- ESP Live! National Meeting Highlights – Video discussions from national pain management and addiction medicine clinical meetings. A rotating clinical expert thought leader moderator will interview key faculty from each meeting to discuss clinical implications on interesting topics. Print highlights are also available. A great resource for those clinicians unable to attend these meetings.